TDD Design Starter Kit - Ideas for Upcoming Posts
My loose plan for more posts in the 'TDD Design Starter Kit' is something like this:
- State vs. Interaction Testing
- Mocks & Stubs (probably put an example of NMock up - the docs aren't too great)
- Inversion of Control & Dependency Injection ( I've written and use a DI tool on sourceforge called StructureMap, so expect more than you ever want to know about DI usage, w/ or w/o a "container")
- Statics and Singletons Can (sometimes) be Harmful to Your Health
- Humble Dialog Box (Model-View-Presenter, I dislike Martin's name for this. It's just a variant of MVC)
- Favor Composition over Inheritance
- Isolate Hard-to-Test Dependencies
- Know When to Punt!
- Bare Bones NAnt/CruiseControl.NET
I'm intending this set of posts to be kind of an open forum for my new development team. I'd be plenty happy to take any suggestions on other topics.